New to wikis? Edit
If you are new to wikis, you may want to read the tutorial on the Central Wikia.
Administrator abilities Edit
These additional functions are:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. However, he or she is not currently able to remove admin access from any user; please contact one of the community staff if you need that done.
Some Wikia staff members have full access to all Wikia. They will be shown in Special:Listusers/staff on any wiki. Wikia janitors have limited administrator access to all Wikia for cleanup purposes. These users will be shown on Special:Listusers/janitor on any Wikia. Please see the Central Wikia contact page for details on how to contact Wikia staff.
Who are this wiki's administrators? Edit
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given administrator access automatically. Founders are also given bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an administrator or bureaucrat. For a complete list of users with administrator access, see Special:Listusers/sysop.
Embed Youtube movie Edit
to Risen TV Edit
Choose a category for your movie, i.e. Tutorials. At the end of category, but over tag
<tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> <youtube></youtube> </td> <td align="left" valign="top"> Code: </td> </tr>
Between tags "youtube" paste the movie code. For movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvTA_SEF2NI this code is HvTA_SEF2NI.
to article Edit
and the movie code between tags "youtube".
WikiEd: comfortable editing of wiki Edit
If you wish to see your editing window like this one
and having these funcionalities
* Pasting formatted text, e.g. from MS-Word (including tables) * Converting the formatted text to wikicode * Wikicode syntax highlighting * Regular expression search and replace and find-as-you-type * Server-independent Show preview and Show changes * Fullscreen editing mode * Single-click fixing of common mistakes * History for summary, search, and replace fields
It's very easy if you're using Firefox or Seamonkey. They say that it works with Chrome too. Authors works to make it available under Opera & IE.
If you've got a Firefox, follow me:
Install Greasemonkey - it allows to execute additional scripts during rendering of the website.
Restart a browser.
Click to add a WikiEd script
Wikicode converters Edit
Here you have converters for wikicode for OpenOffice . Look up and you'll find converters for MS Word too.